Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a complicated disorder characterized by extreme fatigue that can’t be explained by any underlying medical condition. The fatigue may worsen with physical or mental activity, but doesn’t improve with rest.
This condition is also known as systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID) or myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME). Sometimes it’s abbreviated as ME/CFS.
There’s no single test to confirm a diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome. Causes can be multifactorial and many systems and variables must be addressed.
Signs and symptoms may include:
- Loss of memory or concentration
- Sore throat
- Enlarged lymph nodes in your neck or armpits
- Unexplained muscle or joint pain
- Unrefreshing sleep
- Extreme exhaustion lasting more than 24 hours after physical or mental exercise
What Causes CFS?
- one or more undiagnosed infections (viral, bacterial or parasitic)
- Epstein-Barr virus, Human Herpes VI, Candida, Mycoplasma
- Toxicity such as heavy metals, chemicals or mold
- Dysbiosis or unhealthy digestive system & gut microbiome
- thyroid issues
- Emotional Trauma
- Chronic stress
- immune conditions
- adrenal exhaustion
- hormonal imbalances
- mitochondrial dysfunction
- nutritional deficiencies
Treatment for Chronic Fatigue
Treatment will depend on the underlying cause(s) and this is individualized based on the personal workup. We have found profound success with a comprehensive protocol that include the TRUE RIFE Therapy.